Teens across the Archdiocese have committed to raise funds to help educate Orthodox Christian Youth Workers for work within parishes of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America. To date teens have raised over $200,000 towards their $200,000 goal.
Are you an Orthodox Youth Worker, looking for a diploma and or a Master Degree in Orthodox Youth Ministry. Contact Fr. Joseph Purpura for more information.
2016 SOYO Metropolitan Philip Youth Worker Scholarship is Available
With the blessing of Metropolitan JOSEPH, NAC SOYO announces that the application for the 2016 SOYO Metropolitan Philip Youth Worker Scholarship is now available.
Due Date: October 31, 2016
Requirements for EligibilityThe following are the requirements that must be met in order to be eligible for the Youth Worker Scholarship.
- The applicant must have been an active member of an Antiochian parish for at least the last five years.
- The applicant must be active in youth work.
- The applicant agrees to enroll in a recognized Orthodox Christian program with a youth ministry focus or component; programs such as the St. Stephen’s Youth Ministry Concentration of the Antiochian House of Studies.
- The recipient will seek direction from the Chairman of the Archdiocese Department of Youth as to which institution is available for training.
- The applicant is willing to make a minimum three year commitment to parish youth work in the Antiochian Archdiocese either as a volunteer or on a paid basis, but only following completion of the program.
Questions regarding the application process can be directed to the Chairman of the Department of Youth and Parish Ministry, Fr. Joseph F. Purpura, at FrJoseph@OrthodoxYouth.com.